Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Co-Ed - Sometimes Always Maybe Never (1998)


Co-Ed were a melodic punk band from southern California, some might preface with "female-fronted", but that always bugged me. Why the gender specifics? If the music is coming from the right place, then who cares? I guess that was a decent place as any to get that off my chest. Anyway, they weren't around for very long, but we did get an album, a split with Pollen, and a 7" EP out of the deal. Drummer Wal Rashidi and Guitarist Mac Thompson were primarily responsible for the lyrics and music on this record, and you'll find a good cohesiveness largely on the pop-punk side, but with a few fast ones. I've never heard their 7" EP, but their split with Pollen is also worth checking out. I'll be sure and post that up soon. Enjoy. --Trav

:download:

No comments:

Post a Comment