Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Scaries



I live here----->


My home state was never known for it's punk scene(s). Indie rock, hardcore, and metal have always been huge, but nearly every punk band with any sort of promise wound up a tiny blip on the radar. Then there were Chapel Hill's The Scaries, who played a brand of tight, driving, honest punk rock with an endless amount of hooks. I've heard them compared to everything from Descendents to The Promise Ring to Lagwagon to Saves The Day, and I would say all of those are accurate to some degree, but they were no carbon copy band.

I began to see them live whenever I could, one thing I realized was that The Scaries really had their stuff together, on stage and on record. I'm not sure if they're even the least bit active now, although they did a Japan tour a few years back accompanied by a Japan-only cd compiling their first two out of print records and some odds and ends. On to the goods, I've included all three of their albums in one file, so enjoy and stuff.
--Trav

Read an old Razorcake interview here.

:DOWNLOAD:

No comments:

Post a Comment