Friday, November 7, 2014

Going Blind - Referatic (2000)


Going Blind were a melodic punk band from Whistler, BC, Canada. Even though this record is fourteen years old, it's a new discovery. A buddy of mine was kind enough to send me a copy of "Referatic", assured that I would love it, and he was right. Literally everyone I've recommended Going Blind to were immediately drawn to them: crazy fast, rad vocal harmonies, above average musicianship, and below average production. Just the way I like it. There's precious little information about these guys around internetland, except for this article from a local newsmag. In the article, the band had seemingly high hopes about the future, but sadly they would split shortly after the release of Referatic, referenced in this article just months later. I'm not sure how many cd's were made, but it's undoubtedly rare. Makes me all the more stoked to own a copy. --Trav.





2 comments:

  1. Any chance of reuploading this stuff? I was looking for this album but this link is already dead -(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I don't know what is wrong with the admin. Here's many good bands but all links are dead.

    ReplyDelete